Friday, March 19, 2010

Crazy Comes to Me

I wrote this song the week my son was born. I had the music all set, but no words yet. It took me a bit to get the words written. I worked on it a bit while we were in the hospital with Harrison. There was very little sleep happening during this time period, which I think sometimes is a benefit to me when I am working on lyrics. Less sleep means less inhabitions verbally.

I love some of the lyrics here. I never thought of rhyming "magic" with "hat trick" - but it works. For you purists out there, yes, I know - it doesn't really rhyme perfectly. So what?!? It still works. I also am glad to have my first Oz reference here. I am a big Wizard of Oz fan and it influences a lot more I write than people think.

I don't really know what "crazy comes to me" mean. Maybe that no matter how much we try to stay sane in the world, its always going to find it. Anyway, enjoy the song!

What’s the point of dyin’

When instead I should be cryin’

Sometimes I feel like I’m the knave of hearts

Running this and that way

This is not a game that I play

With all these rules how could I ever win?

This time I’m not picking up the pieces

This time I will go in for the kill

I’ve laid down my aces

Had a thousand different faces

This smoke and mirror job has done so well

I believe in magic

Not another stupid hat trick

I can’t deny that I feel upside down

I can’t be afraid about the future

I’ll stand on the edge and jump into the abyss

I’ll go flying off to Oz

I’ll slip into the corner of my mind

Watch me twist away

I will take a ride somewhere

I’ll take a trip into the great beyond

Crazy comes to me

Might look good on paper

I’m a lover, not a hater

The lights are on but there’s no home for me

Love can be a cancer

Love can sometimes be the answer

It disappears as quick as 1, 2, 3

It seems you have dismissed all my feelings

I see that you never really cared for me

I’ll go flying off to Oz

I’ll slip into the corner of my mind

Watch me twist away

I will take a ride somewhere

I’ll take a trip into the great beyond

Crazy comes to me


Crazy Comes to Me.mp3

No comments: