**Just for anyone wondering - these recordings of mine are just rough demos. These are not what I hear in my head. My vocals are just a guide to help me remember the melody. I'm not singing at my best. Often when I record these songs its within minutes of finishing the words. I am trying to get it recorded at school quickly before a bell rings or someone knocks on my door. The recordings are just to give you a taste of what the song is. I'm not going for perfect here, just an introduction.**
This song came about after listening to some Coldplay (yes I love Coldplay) last year. I never really was able to produce any lyrics for it until recently. I loved the timing of their song "Glass of Water". I became frustrated with myself for not having written a song in a strange time signature. I worked on this one a bit and finally was able to get the feel for the 5/4 that I wanted.
When I sing about clatter, it's about all the unnecessary things in life. There is so much un-needed crap in the world. I see so much around me that is the stupid. I get frustrated with it all and I really do try to distance myself from it - the shallowness. I don't want to become a part of it (the man - damn the man! [Empire Records reference]). I fail occasionally, but I do try to stay away. My own social commentary...
I’m on about it
I used to fly
What does it matter?
Hate fills these skies
Life can be twisted
Hearts can be mean
Hold out for something
Stop pulling strings
Don’t fall apart now
Jump at your chance
‘Cause time doesn’t matter
Be who you can
Stop all this clatter
Don’t bow down to the man
Time is a fire
That burns through our souls
Walk on this wire
Toward life’s greatest toll
I’ve grown older
I’ve wasted days
There’s things I don’t know
And words I won’t say
I’ve fooled the world now
Who’s watching me?
‘Cause time doesn’t matter
Be who you can
Stop all this clatter
Don’t bow down to the man
Time is a fire
That burns through our souls
Walk on this wire
Toward life’s greatest toll
No comments:
Post a Comment