I wrote this song today. I just sat down and started playing this chord sequence over and over and this is what happened. This is my own little attempt at writing a Nine Inch Nails song. Not quite the same. I don't have access to the same equipment he does, but you get a very rough demo of the song. I'm not quite sure what it is about, but I think its probably about beating ourselves up. I also think its about stepping into the background of life. What do you think?
I digress from what I have to tell you
I fall into words that I don't know
I feel like a mess that I can't sell you
Giving one last breath to make it so
Lying on a bed of nails and roses
Watching as a funeral passes by
Fighting through the urge of overdoses
Bleeding through pathetic tears I cry
Screaming at the top of my lungs calms me
Emptiness just feels like home
Angels of the night continuing psalming
Harmonized with demon tones
I watch fingers falling off
Of hands that I don't use
Heart beat bleeds through my own thoughts
My conscience's own abuse
I fall through the cracks of other people
Buried in a mind I call my own
Find me in the shadow of God's great temple
Fusing faith and hope to my poor bones
I will not relay on my own power
I'll stand inside a truth made of stone
Waiting for the death in the final hour
Looking for the answers unknown
I watch fingers falling off
Of hands that I don't use
Heart beat bleeds through my own thoughts
My conscience's own abuse
My conscience's own abuse
I digress from what I have to tell you
I fall into words that I don't know
I feel like a mess that I can't sell you
Giving one last breath to make it so
Lying on a bed of nails and roses
Watching as a funeral passes by
Fighting through the urge of overdoses
Bleeding through pathetic tears I cry
Screaming at the top of my lungs calms me
Emptiness just feels like home
Angels of the night continuing psalming
Harmonized with demon tones
I watch fingers falling off
Of hands that I don't use
Heart beat bleeds through my own thoughts
My conscience's own abuse
I fall through the cracks of other people
Buried in a mind I call my own
Find me in the shadow of God's great temple
Fusing faith and hope to my poor bones
I will not relay on my own power
I'll stand inside a truth made of stone
Waiting for the death in the final hour
Looking for the answers unknown
I watch fingers falling off
Of hands that I don't use
Heart beat bleeds through my own thoughts
My conscience's own abuse
My conscience's own abuse
No comments:
Post a Comment