Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Fall

I wrote this song shortly after I learned that my wife and I were going to have our first child. Everything felt as peaceful as if I were floating through the air with no worries. Even though there are references to dying I wasn't really thinking about dying. It just fit into the song nicely. Sometimes that's just the way the music and lyrics work.



Some day I won't walk the fine line
I will think with my mind
What was lost I will find

Someone wants to have a bad day
But I really can't say
Life will be okay

How far can you go
With nothing to show

I'd fall through the air
Although I don't care
What I would see there
I'd fall through the sky
Although I would die
With no wings to fly

If I broke a rainbow in half
I don't think I would laugh
I don't think I would

I can't wait until tomorrow
To learn what I don't know
Where will my life go?

While I sit and yearn
Will I find my self stop burning

I'd fall through the air
Although I don't care
What I would see there
I'd fall through the sky
Although I would die
With no wings to fly

While I sit and yearn
Will I find myself stop burning

I'd fall through the air
Although I don't care
What I would see there
I'd fall through the sky
Although I would die
With no wings to fly


No comments: