Thursday, April 29, 2010

Ghost

I don't want anyone to think that I've not been writing songs as of late. I have been, but I haven't been getting them recorded as quickly. It's allergy season and that screws with my voice. It's irritating, but part of life.

This song is called "Ghost". It's honestly about a man that gets killed by his love (girlfriend, wife, lover, etc.). She blamed him for everything wrong in her life and killed him because he wasn't helping her. The reality of the story is that she was so messed up in her own life that he was the sadder of the two and he struggled more by just being with her. In the end she kills him and now he comes back to haunt her and frighten her. She did wrong and now she will pay for it. I really like this song and enjoy singing it. Sometimes songs are just like that.


Tonight
The world will stop spinning
The whites of our eyes will scream
‘Cause we’re trapped inside our dreams

So long
You’ve waited for something
But nothing has come your way
It’s a cold, dark day again

But can you see
That it’s not me
You are not the one who hurts the most
You cast your pearls
Before the world
You have taken everything from me
And left me a ghost

Slipping
My tongue is still twisting
I’m stuck with a heart of black
And you won’t come back for more

Broken
I cannot repair you
But I am the one you blame
Why do I remain with you?

But can you see
That it’s not me
You are not the one who hurts the most
You cast your pearls
Before the world
You have taken everything from me
And left me a ghost

Now I’m not there
Do you feel scared?
I will frighten you


Ghost.mp3

No comments: