Monday, April 5, 2010

Dark Angel

I wrote this song in 1995 - the year after I graduated from high school. I got the title from a book that my mom gave me to read. I don't remember who wrote it or what it was about - it wasn't that good, but I did like the title. About this same time I had met a kid in Yuma that was a fantastic musician. I can't remember what his name was, but he and I had gotten together a few times to work on some music. I do remember how impressed I was with him and his songs that he had written and it was a driving force for me to write better music.

I don't really remember what the song is about. It's been so long since I wrote it. I did play it to a few people back in the day after I had written and they seemed to like it. It should have a lot more to it vocally, but I really don't have the chops. I wish I did, but my voice has worsened through the years. I remember being so pleased with the section that starts out "now it's time to wipe the poison...". For some reason that I cannot remember I loved getting to that part of the song to sing. It was my favorite section. Anyway, here's an oldie for you.


Night is gone, the morning’s come
Good has lost and evil has won
The pains of night time are replaced with morning’s fears
Now the life I live is like a broken mirror

Now it’s time to wipe the poison from my eyes
The spell you cast upon me gave no chance to try
The way you treat me makes me bleed just like a cut
You threw me out your door and now you’ve locked it shut

Dark angel, spread your wings over me
Dark angel, make my dream reality
Please take your poisonous venom from my blood
Keep yourself from my thoughts
Keep me from your love

Anger is gone but depression’s coming fast
Love is lost and joy is in the past
You were my lighthouse guiding me throughout the night
Now you’ve left me all alone without your light

Your sharpened tongue cuts through my soul just like an ax
My feet are cut from walking on your broken glass
The hands that once loved me no threaten me with stones
The voice that sang to me now speaks in darkened tones

Dark angel, spread your wings over me
Dark angel, make my dream reality
Please take your poisonous venom from my blood
Keep yourself from my thoughts
Keep me from your love

Oh the harder that I fall
The less likely I’ll bounce back like a ball
Oh the wretched pain that’s in my soul won’t let me go

Dark angel, spread your wings over me
Dark angel, make my dream reality
Please take your poisonous venom from my blood
Keep yourself from my thoughts
Keep me from your love




Dark Angel.mp3

No comments: