This is breaking out of my pattern with the album I've been working on, but I needed to break the pattern. Sometimes I feel better doing that. I don't know if this song will be part of this project or part of another one I'll mulling around in my brain.
This is a new song I've written for my wife, Stephanie. I wrote the music for this the other night after watching something on TV. I heard a little clip from a song and it gave birth to the music for this song. The next day I came to school and wrote the entire music part but I hadn't come up with any lyrics for it. I recorded it on my phone for future use.
Friday night I was out delivering pizzas and listening to some of the backlog of songs on my phone and I came across this one from earlier this week. I started listening to it and tried to come up with the first line. "Swam across the sea..." My next thought was "What would I swim across the sea for?" and of course, my first thought was my wife. From that instance the rest of the words just poured out.
This may not seem like much of a song to anyone. It's short and not very extravagant, but only Stephanie truly knows how much songs and music mean to me. She sees me when I get so excited about a song that I can hardly restrain myself. She knows that I express myself best through music, so this will mean to most to her and that is what is most important to me.
I've written songs for Steph in the past. I sang one to her at our wedding reception and open house. It's been awhile though since I've written her one. So this is just a reminder to her of what she means to me. I'm grateful for her putting up with me and all of my oddities, especially over the last month. This last month I've felt like quite the emotional mess and she has taken good care of me as she always does.
Before Steph and I were married I was quite the depressed mess. Since getting married I have not had to battle depression at all like I used to until this last month. For some reason all of my demons decided to start rolling around in my head again and I felt like I was going mad. Again, Stephanie came through for me. I am and will always be eternally grateful for what she does for me in my life. I love you Steph!
With You.mp3
This is a new song I've written for my wife, Stephanie. I wrote the music for this the other night after watching something on TV. I heard a little clip from a song and it gave birth to the music for this song. The next day I came to school and wrote the entire music part but I hadn't come up with any lyrics for it. I recorded it on my phone for future use.
Friday night I was out delivering pizzas and listening to some of the backlog of songs on my phone and I came across this one from earlier this week. I started listening to it and tried to come up with the first line. "Swam across the sea..." My next thought was "What would I swim across the sea for?" and of course, my first thought was my wife. From that instance the rest of the words just poured out.
This may not seem like much of a song to anyone. It's short and not very extravagant, but only Stephanie truly knows how much songs and music mean to me. She sees me when I get so excited about a song that I can hardly restrain myself. She knows that I express myself best through music, so this will mean to most to her and that is what is most important to me.
I've written songs for Steph in the past. I sang one to her at our wedding reception and open house. It's been awhile though since I've written her one. So this is just a reminder to her of what she means to me. I'm grateful for her putting up with me and all of my oddities, especially over the last month. This last month I've felt like quite the emotional mess and she has taken good care of me as she always does.
Before Steph and I were married I was quite the depressed mess. Since getting married I have not had to battle depression at all like I used to until this last month. For some reason all of my demons decided to start rolling around in my head again and I felt like I was going mad. Again, Stephanie came through for me. I am and will always be eternally grateful for what she does for me in my life. I love you Steph!
Swam across the sea
I did it all to get myself to you
I just needed you with me
Time and again I’d do it just to prove
That I am no good alone
You’re the rhyme in all my poems
You’re the rights to all my wrongs
You’re the soul in all my songs
Climbed the highest peak
I had to put myself into your arms
Show to you how I was weak
And what it took for me to be disarmed
I’m your blue-eyed albatross
Yet you still carry my cross
You’re my brown-eyed fairy tale
Yes, I’ve found my holy grail
Died the hardest death
I’d follow you to places no one could
I would give you my last breath
I’d lose it all for you but I’d feel good
We’ve got time upon our side
And we’ve got nothing to hide
I can’t question love this true
I’m a better man with you
With You.mp3
1 comment:
I love you! (and the song!) :)
Post a Comment