Saturday, June 12, 2010

There's No Harm

I wrote this song yesterday and recorded it this afternoon. It was one of those songs that just had a natural flow to it. I had watched a movie the other day that had a this cool little waltzy type  instrumental piece in it. I started playing around with different chord progressions and 3/4 time signatures. This is what came of it. This is definitely one of the easiest songs I've written in a while. Everything came it to it easily - words and melody. It almost guided me in the right direction the song should do. I love it when that happens.

I don't know what the song is about. Maybe taking life easy. Maybe speaking up more. I really don't know. The words just flowed out as well. Sometimes a song doesn't have to have a meaning or a message. They are sometimes the best songs...



All that you say
Just gets in the way
We’re spinning in trouble again
Someone will cry
When somebody dies
We’re getting away in the end

If you don’t talk no one will hear
It’s a long walk that brought you back home
So now don’t run into open arms
Let it be, can’t you see there’s no harm

Wild and confused
My brain is abused
Theses voices crawl out of my head
Heavy this load
My heart will explode
There’s nothing that has gone unsaid

If you don’t talk no one will hear
It’s a long walk that brought you back home
So now don’t run into open arms
Let it be, can’t you see there’s no harm

If I just don’t speak
I will not seem weak
And I can’t be scared
I can’t cling to the things that aren’t there

All that you say
Just gets in the way
We’re spinning in trouble again
Someone will cry
When somebody dies
We’re getting away in the end

If you don’t talk no one will hear
It’s a long walk that brought you back home
So now don’t run into open arms
Let it be, can’t you see there’s no harm
Let it be, can’t you see there’s no harm
Let it be, can’t you see there’s no harm



There's No Harm.mp3

No comments: