This song lyrically came about from a late, late night writing session of mine. When I say late night I mean about midnight. When I say session I mean I was lying in bed and typing lyrics in my phone that popped into my head. I love writing songs like this - the ones that really have no meaning or sense to them. I just like putting words together, especially if I've got a good melody to put them to. There is nothing in this song that I can give any explanation for. It's just a song.
Oh dear, hemisphere
I’ve been drinking my fear
Baby’s with a bottle and she got it for free
Panda bear, broken chair
Falling down the upstairs
Ollie, ollie, oxen and they’re coming for me
So what’s the point
Of being dead?
The good I’ve done
Is in the red
I’m outta breath
In outer space
I left my smile
On my other face
Tin can, Superman
Chasing down your one fan
Riding elevators till the sunset comes
Ice cream, you scream
Daddy’s had a bad dream
Waiting on a waller and we’ve come undone
I’m on a roll
Through spikes and nails
The wound is deep
From cobra tails
I lost my thumb
Under my bed
The end has come
It’s all been said
I’ll ride this storyline
Till I’m eating up the floor
Two for a dollar
And I find I’m wanting more
I’ll scratch my eyes all out
Till they’re black and navy blue
Stuck to a spinning wheel
Where I feel like you’re the best that I can do
Crocodile, big smile
Pink polka dot tile
Chewing on my fingers till I hit the bone
Bent nail, tall tale
Mama’s looking too pale
I’m not gonna be the one to cast the first stone
So what’s the point
Of being dead?
The good I’ve done
Is in the red
I’m outta breath
In outer space
I left my smile
On my other face
I’ll ride this storyline
Till I’m eating up the floor
Two for a dollar
And I find I’m wanting more
I’ll scratch my eyes all out
Till their black and navy blue
Stuck to a spinning wheel
Where I feel like you’re the best that I can do
Hemisphere.mp3
Oh dear, hemisphere
I’ve been drinking my fear
Baby’s with a bottle and she got it for free
Panda bear, broken chair
Falling down the upstairs
Ollie, ollie, oxen and they’re coming for me
So what’s the point
Of being dead?
The good I’ve done
Is in the red
I’m outta breath
In outer space
I left my smile
On my other face
Tin can, Superman
Chasing down your one fan
Riding elevators till the sunset comes
Ice cream, you scream
Daddy’s had a bad dream
Waiting on a waller and we’ve come undone
I’m on a roll
Through spikes and nails
The wound is deep
From cobra tails
I lost my thumb
Under my bed
The end has come
It’s all been said
I’ll ride this storyline
Till I’m eating up the floor
Two for a dollar
And I find I’m wanting more
I’ll scratch my eyes all out
Till they’re black and navy blue
Stuck to a spinning wheel
Where I feel like you’re the best that I can do
Crocodile, big smile
Pink polka dot tile
Chewing on my fingers till I hit the bone
Bent nail, tall tale
Mama’s looking too pale
I’m not gonna be the one to cast the first stone
So what’s the point
Of being dead?
The good I’ve done
Is in the red
I’m outta breath
In outer space
I left my smile
On my other face
I’ll ride this storyline
Till I’m eating up the floor
Two for a dollar
And I find I’m wanting more
I’ll scratch my eyes all out
Till their black and navy blue
Stuck to a spinning wheel
Where I feel like you’re the best that I can do
Hemisphere.mp3
No comments:
Post a Comment