Not much to say about this song. What it means speaks for itself. It's not autobiographical. It's just a story. The words "this is the last time" fell right into the triad and I went with it from there.
I wrote it after playing around the piano with triads. It really just came together all at once after the first triad. It's a good song and fun to sing. Hope you enjoy!
This is the last time that you will see me
You don’t even care where I will go
I’ll be moving on, my ship is sailing
I’m not coming back and this I know
I have got nothing that I can offer
I’d break my bones but it’s not enough
I’d walk on fire to make you happy
I may be strong but I’m not so tough
This is the last time that you will hold me
You have left me with no other choice
Sometimes I feel like you’ve bought and sold me
You did what you could to take my voice
I can’t deny that you’ve made me happy
I can’t deny that you’ve brought me joy
Still there’s a fire that burns inside you
I’m nothing more than your whipping boy
You’ve come out from behind your curtain
You’re not who I was looking for
One thing now that I know for certain
There is nothing I want from you anymore
Let’s just close this door
This is the last time that I will love you
There is nothing left, no reason why
I will do my best to rise above you
I don’t feel the need to say goodbye
I feel like I’ve broken through these old chains
It won’t be my neck that you will break
You keep on being the monster you are
I’ll look at you as a big mistake
You’ve come out from behind your curtain
You’re not who I was looking for
One thing now that I know for certain
There is nothing I want from you anymore
Let’s just close this door
Thursday, October 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment