Sunday, June 1, 2008

Vampires

This was written in 1998. I don't know why I wrote this song. It used to be called "Baby Blues", but that was too uplifting - it kind of rubbed against the grain. It's not really about vampires, but anyone who know me knows that if I could have a career change...


Don’t tell me you love me
Don’t tell me who I am
I want to be beautiful
I want to be a man
I don’t know what you see in me
You’re not who you appear to be

Too young to see it
Rainbows just fade away
You’re not a monster
But I can’t live this way
I never asked for anything
But gave you all my songs to sing
And everything you asked for

I killed the vampires in your brain
You gave me faults, you gave me blame
And though the wind blows my face away
There’s just no way that I can stay

I’m lost in madness
I’m tripping over you
So where’s the glory
In feeling blue
I lost my love inside your fist
You say my tears will not be missed
So no one here can save me

I killed the vampires in your brain
You gave me faults, you gave me blame
And though the wind blows my face away
There’s just no way that I can stay

So through the mist you feel my hurt
Forget for better or worse
I can’t make you happy
I am not the one you need

I killed the vampires in your brain
You gave me faults, you gave me blame
And though the wind blows my face away
There’s just no way that I can stay

1 comment:

mamasteph said...

I love the melodic flow of this song. It's great to sing along with! Career change, hmmmm....I think I prefer you as a teacher! :)