Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Hate Me

This is another strange one. Just a bunch of random words thrown together with a catchy little tune. I wrote this in the basement of my grandparents house in Wyoming in the summer of 2001. I think the song is about extremes in life.


It’s all sour apples
Not much to go on here
I’m living in an ashtray
Not looking in the mirror
Is this what you wanted?
Did you think you’d disappear?

Not living for a heartache
Too much of you can hurt
Are you an acid reflux
Buried deep down in the dirt
Inside your sad reflection
You’re finally seeing what you’re worth

And I love the way you hate my every move
And I love the way you hate the things I do
I love the way you hate me
I love the way you hate me

This is a twisted romance
Fueled by a loving fist
You beg for my forgiveness
With every hammer kiss
Should I accept your offering
Or should I walk away from this

And I love the way you hate my every move
And I love the way you hate the things I do
I love the way you hate me
I love the way you hate me

Is there sympathy for everything you’ve done?
I will not stare for one more day into the sun
There’s not a reason here
To keep on thinking you’re the one

This isn’t too impressive
Should I take a second glance?
You’re like a roadrash shadow
In a pair of leather pants
Tomorrow’s looking ugly
You might get another chance

And I love the way you hate my every move
And I love the way you hate the things I do
I love the way you hate me
I love the way you hate me



No comments: