Thursday, December 10, 2009

This Christmas

Every Christmas Eve that we are all together my wife's family has a Christmas talent show. We just get to enjoy everyone's company and what they are doing. Some people do something musical, some read a poem - it doesn't really matter what it is, it's just a time to share. A few weeks ago I decided that I wanted to write a new Christmas song every year. Nothing big and grandiose, just a little something that I would be able to share with the family. This is my first attempt. Mind you, this is not written with the intent of becoming a classic or a standard. This is my own personal amusement. Hopefully I can get this recorded sometime in the next few days.



This Christmas
I don't need presents
I don't need snow
I don't need sleigh bells
Or mistletoe
There's only one thing that I need this year
This Christmas I need you right here


I don't need snowmen
I don't need sleds
I don't need sugarplums dancing in my head
There's only one thing that I need this year
This Christmas I need you right here


Bing sang of "White Christmas"
Dino sang "Outside, its cold!"
But for me it's not Christmas
Till I've got my love to hold


I don't need stockings
I don't need lights
I don't need Santa coming over tonight
There's only one thing that I need this year
This Christmas I need you right here


So if you're looking for some way
To bring me holiday cheer
Just make sure when it's Christmas you're here

1 comment:

mamasteph said...

Love it! You are so talented!